Monday, June 9, 2008

Rosemary Lemonade Soda


The absurd heat continues here in Boston, and although I'm spending most of my time inside my nice, cool apartment, I'm still more interested in finding unique cold drinks than in new food.

Last night, I had a framboise lemonade at the Publick House that was tasty but a little weak. So of course, it made me want to try my hand at a slightly different lemonade. The rosemary simple syrup was a breeze to make (although I made mine with Splenda instead of sugar), and I have plenty left in the fridge for my next lemonade fix.

Rosemary Lemonade Soda
1/4 cup rosemary syrup (see below)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
seltzer water
small rosemary sprig

Mix syrup and lemon juice in a measuring cup. Fill a pint glass with ice, then pour syrup and juice over the ice. Top with selzer and garnish with rosemary sprig.


Rosemary Syrup
1 1/2 cups water
1 sprig of rosemary
1 cup sugar (or granulated Splenda)

Put water and whole rosemary sprig in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then add sugar and stir to dissolve. Remove from heat and let cool. Before using, remove the rosemary and strain out any little pieces. Store in the fridge.

5 comments:

Liney said...

OMG that looks so good today - I'd drink a gallon of that in no time! Yum!

BFW (Tammy) said...

That sound SO good and refreshing! I love herb-infused drinks. So clean and crisp!

Anonymous said...

that looks so good right now - it's 150 in the shade in nyc. i could drink a whole lotta that.

My Sweet & Saucy said...

Boy does this look good! Refreshing for sure!

Pam said...

Thanks, guys! Yes, a glass of this stuff and the air conditioner blowing directly on me was the only way to get through that crazy heat wave.