Thursday, August 14, 2008

Chapoquoit Grill, Falmouth


Chapoquoit Grill in Falmouth is a restaurant I used to go to frequently with my parents, but as we explored other nearby places, Chapoquoit seemed to fall off of our list somehow. But I had grown tired of the usual restaurants, so I thought it would be a good time to give it another try.

And I’m glad we did. I had forgotten just how good their pizza is. The pasta… not so much, but the wood-oven pizza is amazing. We got the Fig Pizza, topped with fig jam, prosciutto, ricotta, gruyere, and chopped scallions. The only word for it is amazing. The sweetness from the jam melds perfectly with the saltiness of the meat and the creaminess of the cheese. I could have easily eaten the entire thing myself – it was a little larger than a dinner plate, overhanging the sides – but we had ordered it as an appetizer, so I was forced to share ;) They had other interesting pizza combos, plus a wide array of unique ingredients for a make-your-own. But the Fig Pizza… it’s something I’m definitely going to try at home (on a grilled pizza crust), because I absolutely loved the mix of tastes and textures.

No comments: