Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday I'm In Love... with Cuppow


A few years ago, I got REALLY into canning. I made pickles and jams and butters and processed pretty much whatever I could get my hands on. Some of the stuff I made was really good, while others were just fine (thankfully, I had no horrible disasters). A lot of it, though, just wasn't worth the effort.

That left me with tons of Ball jars laying around. I mean, I use them for all sorts of stuff, but how many Ball jars does a girl need?

Now that I've found the Cuppow, apparently I need them ALL again. This magic piece of plastic turns a glass jar into an adult sippy cup that can handle hot or cold with no problem. My favorite part is that the cup can then go into the dishwasher!!! Try doing that with a fancy coffee thermos!

That being said, canning jars aren't the easiest thing to carry around. My pint jars don't quite fit into the cupholders in my car (which may or may not have resulted in me destroying my garage door opener - it was already pretty damaged before that), and the jars still need some kind of sleeve when they're hot, or they'll burn your hands. I think I need to start knitting jar sweaters...


Photo borrowed from the Cuppow website because I'm too lazy to take a picture of my own.

1 comment:

Falafel Place - Somerville, MA said...

A Middle Eastern food is a common Middle Eastern street food that consists of a pita bread stuffed with falafel, a deep-fried ball made from ground chickpeas or fava beans. The falafel is usually accompanied by a variety of toppings and sauces, such as lettuce, tomato, cucumber, tahini sauce, hummus, and hot sauce.

To make a falafel pita, the pita bread is typically warmed or toasted, and then cut open to create a pocket. The falafel balls are then stuffed into the pocket, along with the desired toppings and sauces. The pita bread is then folded or rolled up to create a sandwich-like shape that can be easily eaten on the go.

Falafel pitas are a popular and tasty vegetarian or vegan option for lunch or a quick snack, and can be found at many Middle Eastern restaurants and food trucks.