Thursday, November 15, 2012

b.good - Avocado and Orange Salad


All fast food places make salads, but not many make salads that are worth eating. Even fewer make seasonal salads that rival much finer dining establishments. b.good, somehow, manages to do just that season after season.

Enter this fall's offering at b.good - the Avocado and Orange salad. I'm not usually a big fan of oranges in my salad, but the other ingredients (including avocado, pistachios, and goat cheese) were enough to sway me into ordering. And besides a few pithy bits that I cut around, the oranges actually tied things together very nicely! I loved the combo of creamy goat cheese, crunchy nuts, sweet fruit, and unctuous avocado, all served over bibb lettuce and radicchio.

And the dressing! Dear god, that stuff was good! Minty and creamy and yet quite light, I'm pretty sure I could drink this stuff. I want all my salads to be topped with this from now on.

Seriously, go grab one of these salads from b.good before they're gone for the season. (Although if it is, I really like the southwest chicken salad as well, served year-round.) And don't forget to join their family and get free stuff!

2 comments:

Michelle Collins said...

I still have yet to try b.good, but this salad sounds delicious. Sounds like they're worth visiting.

Becky McNeer said...

i have some spinach just waiting to be eaten in the fridge! will try this! Would love it if you could share this at Foodtastic Friday!