Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rosewater Limeade

In an effort to stave off scurvy due to my end-of-semester diet of potato chips and coffee (and more coffee), I bought a bunch of limes at the market. All along, I was planning on making some limeade - a nice cool, refreshing drink to have in the fridge during this crazy hot-then-cold weather we've been having (95° Tuesday? 60° Wednesday? 75° Friday? My body is ten types of confused.). But after I mixed it together, I found it a little lacking.

Luckily, my trusty bottle of rosewater was standing nearby, and I added a little at a time until it tasted just right. I really like the pairing of lime and rose - sweet and tart, fruity and floral.

Rosewater Limeade
3/4 cup lime juice (about 4 large limes)
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp rosewater
3 cups water

Mix ingredients together in a pitcher until sugar is dissolved. Serve over ice.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

This sounds spectacularly delicious! Good idea.

Justine said...

How inventive!

Julia said...

That looks great! I have some rose water, but I'm thinking it may have expired. Need to get some more.

Anonymous said...

Haha scurvy. Good luck finishing the semester!

JacquelineC said...

You have inspired a new cocktail idea. I'll let you know how it turns out!