Sunday, July 20, 2008

Deep Ellum, Allston

So onto my third blogger meet up this weekend. Nine 20-something bloggers from Boston met up at Deep Ellum last night for a little networking and some drinks. It was great to meet the new people and to see the people I met at the last blogger happy hour, so thanks to Julie and Susie for planning the whole thing. I'm definitely looking forward to the next one. In attendance were In Development, The JQ Lounge, Skrinkering Hearts, Chez MRhé, She's Only Waiting on the Next Best Thing, Everyone Loves a Boston Girl, We Are Not Martha, and Transient Travels.


And not only did I enjoy hanging out with all these other bloggers, but this was also an excuse to finally try Deep Ellum, which I've been meaning to do for ages. There were quite a few drinks enjoyed, and the Cranberry Lime Rickey seemed to be the favorite at the table. I enjoyed a mint julep (which they even served in a silver cup) and a Black Water (rye and Moxie). I grew up with Moxie, as it's one of my father's favorite drinks, so I ordered the Black Water just to tell him I had it... but then I loved it and had to order a second. The boot polish taste of the Moxie was smoothed out by the rye, and it ended up tasting like a better Jack and Coke. Definitely give it a try.

We also shared a few appetizers. I enjoyed the pretzels with beer cheese and the fries with gorgonzola the most. And I don't even like gorgonzola, but this was delicious! Everything needed to be eaten quickly, though, as the cheese cooled and congealed fairly quickly. I figure if they can do wonders with pretzels and fries, the rest of the menu must be amazing. Can't wait to go back to try some more (and have some more Black Waters).

Deep Ellum on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was so good to meet you! i hope we can all get together again soon =)
(and i too, dislike gorgonzola but holy good fries, haha.)

Kori said...

i am dying to try this place...and now even more so after reading this.

Pam said...

Yeah, now I'm sorry it took me so long ;)

Liney said...

You don't like gorgonzola? We can't be friends anymore!!

Liney said...

Speaking of gorgonzola, mom bought this "sweet & creamy" gorgonzola today. It's to die for. That, crackers, and some red wine... I think I may partake tonight ;)