Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Cheap Eats: Mr. Crepe

Smack dab in the middle of Davis Square sits Mr. Crepe, a comfortable space with delicious and cheap food. Part coffee shop, part gourmet take out shop, Mr. Crepe offers sweet and savory crepes in traditional and unique flavor combinations.

Simple crepes start at $3.75 and are as big as a dinner plate (and that's after they've been folded). A cheese crepe for $3.85 is like a grilled cheese sandwich, wrapped up for travel, and a crepe with sugar and butter ($3.75) or Nutella ($4.75) is like a cheaper alternative to that vacation in France.

Sure, the specialty crepes on the menu are pricier ($8.25-$9.25), but they're huge and filled with interested ingredients like roasted carrots, merguez sausage, caramelized onions, and shaved fennel. If none of the supercrepes (the French equivalent of the super burrito?) strike your fancy, you can cobble together your own ideal crepe from the long list of ingredients.

Mr. Crepe is located at 51 Davis Square, right next to the Somerville Theatre. They are open weekdays, 7am-11pm, Saturday 8am-11pm, and Sunday 9am-10pm.

Originally published on Bostonist.


Mr. Crepe on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

I freaking LOVE Mr. Crepe. Good coffee, they carry soy milk for the coffee, and you can add an egg to any crepe if you're feeling breakfasty. I should go there again soon... thanks for the reminder :)

adele said...

How have I never heard of this place before? Egg-and-cheese crepes... yum!

Christina said...

I have been dying to try this place! Now I really must. No more procrastinating! Thanks!

Susan said...

I went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago, love it!

Pam said...

Adrienne, I'm quickly falling in love. If this had been right in Davis when I spent all my time there, I would definitely have been a regular.

Adele, it's easy to walk past, especially with so many good things in Davis. Another plus? Free wifi and plenty of space for studying...

Christina, let me know what you think!

Susan, what did you order?