Sunday, June 8, 2008

Dutch Babies, Two Ways


I saw this recipe the other day for a make-at-home Bickford's Big Apple, the one thing I always order at Bickford's. So when my roommate suggested pancakes this morning, I was thinking something more along the lines of a Dutch baby rather than a traditional pancake. My recipe is super easy - it only takes a couple of minutes to get the batter ready, and then you get to kick back while they bake in the oven... no slaving over the hot stove, flipping each pancake.

I opted for the traditional topping of melted butter, lemon juice, and powdered sugar, while my roommate went with mixed fruit- bananas, raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries, topped with powdered sugar.


Dutch Babies
4 eggs
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup sifted flour
2/3 cup milk
2 Tbsp soft butter

Preheat oven to 400°. In a blender, process eggs on low until light and frothy. Add the rest of the ingredients and process on medium until smooth, scraping down the sides if anything sticks. Butter 2 9-inch cake pans. Pour batter into pans and bake for 20 minutes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooooooly shite. those look AMAZING. i'm totally hooking that up this weekend!!!

Pam said...

Just let me know when I should come over ;)

Unknown said...

I've made these twice now with this recipe and both times they were delicious but were completely stuck to the bottom of the cake pan. The second time I greased the pan with a lot of crisco first and it still stuck. Did you have that problem? Otherwise, a great recipe :)

Pam said...

Strangely, I only had that problem with one of my pans. I think a key is really getting into the edges, which can be hard. Maybe try some Pam?