Friday, August 3, 2007

Ice Cream Cake is Better than Regular Cake - Discuss

My wonderful coworkers got me an ice cream cake today for my birthday (which was followed by a sugar-fueled conversation about America's Stonehenge, the best pseudoarchaeological site in New England). It wasn't a special cake, food-wise, but the fact that they remembered my preference for ice cream over regular cake meant the world. Thanks guys!!

So I'm off to the Cape to celebrate. When I return, there will hopefully be lots of posts filled with lobster carcasses, because I always say the best meals end with a plate full of carcasses...

2 comments:

Liney said...

Happy Birthday :) I hope you had fun at the Cape. I've started to assemble your present. Guess what I got for my birthday??

Susie said...

I agree about the ice cream cake! Happy birthday :) I'm in totally in love with your blog. I love food and I love writing but I have a hard time w/ food writing for some reason. I am, however, obsessed with reading everything by Ruth Reichel, Jeffrey Steingarten, A.J. Liebling, Calvin Trillin, etc.