Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hi, My Name is Pam, and I'm a Chicken Addict



UBurger is a fast food place in Kenmore Square. It opened about a week after I started working in the area, so I've been lucky to always have it around as a lunch option. For a while, I was visiting about 3 times a week, but I've cut back on that in the past few months.



And despite the name, I still have not tried their burgers. It's always the same things for me: the Sweet Chick (chicken with honey mustard) on a wheat bun or a Greek salad, no dressing, no onions, with chicken. And the simple reason for these orders is that this chicken is downright addictive. At work, we joke that they must put crack in the marinade; I find myself jonesing for it as I stare at my computer. I'm still not sure what makes it so good. The owners are Greek, and there's definitely hints of that cuisine - oregano especially - but that isn't all of it. There's some ineffable quality about the stuff.



UBurger's other strengths are its sides - french fries and onion rings. The fries are thin and extra crispy, the skins giving them a hint of earthiness. The onion rings are thin and crispy, too - the batter is light and thin, allowing the onion flavor to shine through.



Wow, writing this has made me hungry for more. See what I mean about addiction?

Uburger in Boston

No comments: