Saturday, May 31, 2008

Minty Pea Soup

I'm not a fan of cold soups. And yet, every time I see a recipe for one, I feel compelled to try it. Gazpacho, for example, has always tasted like tomato juice to me. I once found a great cold avocado soup recipe, but I decided it was better as a sauce for lamb than in a bowl by itself.

And so, when I found this recipe for minty pea soup, I obviously felt the urge to make it, especially considering how ridiculously easy it is to throw together. And of course, I wasn't crazy about it cold. So it's good to know that it's pretty good warmed up too :)

Minty Pea Soup
2 10-ounce packages frozen peas, thawed
3/4 cup mint leaves
4 scallions, roughly chopped
3 cups chicken broth
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp sugar

Combine all ingredients and puree until smooth. (Yes, that's it.)

*Yeah, no photo. There was a slight mishap with the bowl and the not-putting-it-on-something-level and the resulting spillage and the sheer frustration of having to clean green soup off the counter...

No comments: